Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Peanut Butter Soup


This isn't as odd as it sounds. When I had a small cafe for a short period of time, there was a man there who requested this soup. I made it for him and then he came back for more until the pot was empty.

Peanut Butter Soup
Serves 4
Printable Recipe

3 cups chicken stock or vegetable
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup sliced green onion + 2 tablespoons green tops only - sliced
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter

1. Melt butter in a heavy soup pot over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
2. Add stock slowly and whisk until thickened and satiny.
3. Add peanut butter, ginger and green onion.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Stir well and serve with sliced green onion atop each bowl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and daughter love Peanut butter. I'll have to give this one a try. Great blog, I love the idea and soup is a favorite food in my house, so I'll be checking back regularly!

Anonymous said...

Interesting concept. Makes sense with the ginger.